Who Are We ?
NDSSG is a Registered Charity that provides a wide range of support services and activities to both individuals and families of those with Down’s Syndrome. Through these, we aim to enrich the lives of children and adults with Downs Syndrome from the county of Nottinghamshire, and their families.
We are run by a board of trustees alongside an organising committee made up of parents, who meet regularly to plan and organise our regular groups, social events, days out for families, fundraising activities and any other support needed, within the area we serve.
Due to our charity status we require all our service users to be members of our organisation and we look forward to welcoming you and getting to know you and your family.
What Do We Do ?
We currently offer support and activities to about 200 families who live in and around the Nottinghamshire area. The type of support we offer includes:
- A new baby packs to all families of babies born in a Nottinghamshire hospital, via the specialist paediatricians
- A weekly baby and toddler group for families of pre-school children 0-4 years.
- A weekly football club for children and adults, 5-35 years old, who have Downs Syndrome and other learning disabilities.
- Dance sessions for our members 6+ years, that meet on a monthly basis.
- Regular big events for all our families throughout the year: Easter Egg Hunt, Summer Fun Day, October Fancy Dress Disco and Christmas Party.
- Regular communication with our members via the website, Facebook, Instagram, email and our YouTube channel.
- Working closely with the local hospitals, offering support to families who are expecting a baby with Down syndrome.
- Promoting awareness of Down syndrome in the wider community, including sharing stories and creating fun videos and engaging in fundraising activities.